Dental implants are an effective, long lasting way to replace one or more missing teeth, and can offer an alternative to dentures. They can improve how you eat and speak, prevent shrinkage of the jawbone, and keep existing teeth firmly in place.
Implants are titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone to act just like tooth roots. These posts eventually fuse with the bone, providing a firm foundation for a crown or bridge.
- We carry out a full assessment of your general health, how your teeth fit together, your oral health and the density of your jaw bone. If we discover you have insufficient bone volume for implants, you may need a grafting procedure to allow for successful placement of the implants.
- If you are a suitable candidate, the titanium posts are surgically placed in the bone.
- The above two stages are carried out by our implant practitioner at his practice in Bromley.
- Over a few months the implants will bond with the bone as titanium is very well-tolerated by the body.
- Once settled in and fully healed, we can fit replacement teeth to the now firmly positioned implants.
- This stage is carried out at Purley Whites.
You need to maintain good oral hygiene following treatment to ensure your implants remain trouble-free. If well looked after, with a regular brushing and flossing routine, they can last for over 15 years.